Sport PEI National Sport Trust Fund
Going for Gold
A project under the Prince Edward Island Amateur Sport Trust Fund
Download the Athlete Application Form
ASTF Donation Form
How does the donation process work?
Athlete Application Guidelines
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Be a member in good standing with Triathlon PEI (Provincial Sport Organization (PSO);
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Be a Prince Edward Island resident;
- Must have come up through the Triathlon PEI junior program
- Must be named to a high performance training team or a member of the Canadian Junior National Team
- Must train at a Triathlon Canada National Performance Center and be coached by the National Performance center coaches
Athletes may be eligible to receive support provided:
- Athlete is a member of a Junior National Team or a high Performance training team, and is representing Canada nationally / internationally.
- Athlete must train at a high performance training center
- Application must include a letter of endorsement from an NSO and the athlete’s coach.
- Athlete must provide evidence of a 12-month training program as part of their application
- Athlete must provide a budget for the year
- Athlete must provide a competition schedule for the year
- Funding will be distributed Quarterly; March 30, June 30, Sept 30, Dec 30
Applicants are eligible to receive funding for:
- Sport training including travel and accommodation costs to training camps, national, international, world cup championships, entry fees and related expenses
- Athlete testing, screening, mental preparation expenses
Athletes receiving funding must:
- Provide Triathlon PEI with original receipts as part of the financial accounting requirement.
- Allow Triathlon PEI to use their name and image in promotional materials and programs related to the promotion of sport and athlete role models.
- Be willing, upon reasonable request, to share their knowledge and experience with developing athletes as well as run clinics in PEI when available
- Provide public acknowledgement of the support received from the Going For Gold assistance fund.
- Where applicable, declare their Prince Edward Island residency status in any publications associated with their athletic endeavors (i.e. websites, profiles, etc.)
Triathlon Prince Edward Island. We can. We will.